An online and informal biweekly seminar to discuss Machine Learning for the Earth.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates on the program and receive Zoom invitations.
All meetings are usually scheduled on Wednesdays at 13:00 CEST.
July 22, 2020
- Speaker: Peter Düben (ECMWF)
- Title: What next for machine learning in weather forecasting?
July 15, 2020
- Speaker: Verena Bessenbacher (ETHZ)
- Title: Towards a generalized framework for gap-filling complex Earth Observations
July 1, 2020
- Speaker: Icíar Lloréns Jover (EPFL)
- Title: Geometric deep learning on the sphere for mid-range weather prediction
May 6, 2020
- Icíar Lloréns Jover (EPFL)
- Geometric deep learning for mid-range weather prediction
April 15 & 22, 2020
- Eniko Székely (SDSC)
- Data-driven kernel methods for dynamical systems with application to atmosphere ocean science
February 6 & 19, 2020
- Jussi Leinonen (EPFL)
- Generative Adversarial Networks for Climate Data Field Generation
December 17, 2019 & January 23, 2020
- Michaël Defferrard (EPFL)
- DeepSphere and the Earth (a graph-based spherical CNN)
November 20, 2019 & December 4, 2019
- Gionata Ghiggi (EPFL)
- Deep Learning: Applications for Climate & Earth Sciences
The meetings are held on Zoom and last 60-90 minutes:
30-40 minutes of presentation,
informal Q&A during and after the presentation.